Readers never get heard. OK, rarely. Writers are told to write to their audience, but who ever asks that audience what kind of books they want to read? Well, I did once before, but I think it’s time to revisit the subject.
So here’s your chance.
- What do you most want to see in books you read? Action? Romance? Mystery? Science fiction? Epic fantasy? Dystopian? Super heroes? Something else altogether?
- What do you think is overdone?
- What makes you want to buy a book? The cover? The book blurb? Amazon reviews? Recommendation from a friend?
- What kind of a book would you most likely give to someone as a gift? Fiction? Non-fiction? A “gift book”? A book you love? A book you think they’ll love? A book you’ve heard about in a subject you think they’re interested in?
- What bugs you the most when you see it in a story? Characters with insufficient motivation? Cliched actions? Predictable endings? Something else?
- What makes you close a book and never come back to it?
- What makes you throw a book across the room?
I look forward to reading what readers think! Feel free to answer some or all of the questions. It’s your forum to say what you want to say!